Saturday, September 25, 2010

SENSORY EVALUATION ACTIVITY

In this week practical lesson we had different types of sensory evaluation activities:

1) Activity 1:THE PEPSI CHALLENGE

I was ask to taste the 2 samples drinks and make a guess on which sample is coke.After sampling, i felt that both the samples taste equally the same. So how do I differentiate among the samples.... The answer is"gas." Haha....and I manage to get it right :)

2) Activity 2: I SMELL A RAT


In this experiment, we were ask to use of sense of smell to identify the 5 spices samples.This activity is too tough for me.... I had no ideas what the samples are even by looking at it:( Take a look at the pictures above will you e able to identify it????

3) Activity 3: "LET THEM EAT CAKE"
We were asked to eat the 2 different samples of cakes and identify which cake had a better overall qualities.
My guess would be the cake at the right. Am I correct?

4) Activity 4: There’s a Spy among us…

After tasting the coke, cheese and cakes.... I was asked to look out sugar solution that taste differently from the other 2 samples. I had tasted the sugar solution for twice and i still can't figure out is the odd one. Oh no.... I  guessed my taste buds is  becoming senseless.

5) Activity 5: Smell Checkpoint

Among all the activities, I loved this the most!!! We are supposed to identify what are the different food samples. Unlike the normal procedure... we need to clip on a nose clipper to see if our sense of smell will affects the detection of flavours. And its true it really affects our detection of flavours. I had no idea what food am I eating at all. Some of the food samples just taste weird to me...

6) Activity 5: Who Moved my Cheese?





My group is charge of setting up this experiment. In this experiment, our classmates are required to identify which cheese contain a higher fat content from the 2 samples given. At first, i thought to myself how are they going to identify the "fat content" by tasting? After much observation and testing, our group had figure out that cheese with a lower fat content are darker in colour and cheese with a higher fat content tends to have a milkier smell. From the photo,can you tell which cheese contains a higher fat content?

1 comments:

Unknown said...

good explanation with the pictures, thanks.

finally i understand what is Sensory testing

Post a Comment