Monday, September 20, 2010

WELCOME TO NIE FOOD LAB!

Last Wednesday, was my first time stepping into NIE food lab.  The only word that I can describe about our food lab is "AMAZING." All the kitchen appliances and equipments are just simply fantastic. I wanted to show you all how exactly my food lab look like but sadly I had forgotten to take photo:(

Our class didn't get to cook or bake on our first lesson. So what did we do in class????

First up.....

Food Lab and Equipment 



We explored the food lab. We are supposed to list down the list of equipments and utensils that are found at our work station.

Handy Measures


Then, we proceed to the measuring work station. In this station we are to measure a specific weight for the ingredients provided accurately .

Lastly,
I learned how to cut vegetables using different types cutting techniques.

Cutting Technique


1) Julienne 

2) Shredding 

3) Dicing

4)  Chiffonade  

5) Chopping
6) Slicing


0 comments:

Post a Comment